Make, Jane, make!: Felt Play Food: T-Bone Steak

Printfriendly

Small Share

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Felt Play Food: T-Bone Steak

What else goes with felt fried eggs? A steak, of course!


I used an overcasting stitch to attach the marrow (red) to the bone (white) to give it a rough edge between marrow and bone and a running stitch to attach the bone (white) to the meat (dark red) to keep the edge of the bone sharp.

The t-bone steak was a big hit with the various adults who play with my kids. They all wanted my eldest to prepare his famous 8-Minute Steak (his own invention). The 8-Minute Steak is prepared by nuking the steak for 8 minutes... lol. My hubby was appalled and tried to teach him to sear the steak and then finish it in the oven, but my son insisted that his microwaved steak was superior. And my hubby wonders why I want to get rid of the microwave once the kids get older :)

No comments:

Post a Comment