Make, Jane, make!: Cooking with Kids: Accessorizing with Felt Flowers

Printfriendly

Small Share

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cooking with Kids: Accessorizing with Felt Flowers

I had a disappointed customer the other day. This chef's hat actually elicited a frown from its little recipient because she expected me to make her another pretty in pink concoction (like her birthday dress), but instead she got a barely pink, mostly (gasp) white chef's hat.

So I had to improvise with some of the materials I had on hand for a quick accessorizing fix.


Felt flowers are so fast and so easy and they don't require much material. Here's a great tutorial on the basic technique from papernstitch.

I made one with a ruffled edge, jagged edge and one cut with the pinking shears and attached them to a spare piece of plastic that I had lying around.


After I thread a safety pin through the plastic, the flowers were ready to accessorize the unappreciated white hat.


And voila, I attained four year-old girly-girl approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment