Make, Jane, make!: Roasted Zucchini and Radishes

Printfriendly

Small Share

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Roasted Zucchini and Radishes


Previously, I wrote about trying to get DH to like beets. Radishes are another veggie that he is not a fan of and I cannot fathom why. Adding to the mystery is the fact that he enjoys Chinese turnip/radish which (IMHO) has an even stronger taste than your common radish.


So I decided to try roasting the radishes because all vegetables taste great tossed with a bit of olive oil and sea salt and roasted until caramelized. I also mixed them with some zucchini because hubby likes zucchini. 


Then I tossed the whole lot with some balsamic vinegar that I had reduced to a sweet deliciousness and served it alongside of a nice garden salad and stuffed chicken thighs. And what did he think?


He was unimpressed and begrudgingly admitted that they were "okay" but maintained that he still didn't really like them. (And what about the verdict of someone who is not biased against all things radish? I thought they were sweet and succulent and wondered why I had never roasted them before).

And so the quest continues to convince DH that there is a way to enjoy every vegetable...

No comments:

Post a Comment