Make, Jane, make!: Saving extra egg whites for that special occasion...

Printfriendly

Small Share

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saving extra egg whites for that special occasion...

So the custard you made used 6 egg yolks... now, either you're in love with egg white omelettes or you need to find a way to save up those egg whites for another day.



I've found that the easiest way to do save egg whites is to freeze them individually so that they can be easily measured and defrosted when you do need them. I like to use silicone muffin cups because they easily un-mold from the egg white once it is frozen and I can then put my little egg white discs into a labelled zip-top bag for safe freezer storage.

And for what occasion was I saving egg whites?



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment