Make, Jane, make!: Happy Belated Valentines Day!

Printfriendly

Small Share

Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Belated Valentines Day!

royal icing, jam, buttercream

Yesterday, while dropping my second son off at preschool, I realized that it was Valentine's day and that I'd run out of the house without even giving hubby a kiss goodbye.

"So this is where we're at, huh?" I thought to myself.

Though, we've never made a huge fuss out of any special occasion, being in too much of a rush to give my DH a kiss seemed a far cry from our young and wild days of early marriage when everyday would be like Valentine's day... And while we weren't going to have a extravagant dinner or drink wine until we were silly, I figured that we could at least get into the spirit with something of the season.


So with one sugar cookie recipe, two cookie cutters, some leftover royal icing and buttercream and a bit of spare time between school drop-offs and pick-ups, I was figured I would try to concoct some last-minute Valentine's happiness.


The execution was a little messy...


... and some of the colours were just what was already mixed and available...


... but it's amazing how festive cookies look when you make a lot of them in different shapes and colours.


I liked the jam sandwiches the best...


... while hubby (predictably) liked the buttercream the most.


In any case, the day seemed so much more red and pink with a little added cookie love.

No comments:

Post a Comment